Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar time - doodoodoodoodoodoodoo - Oscar time!!!


Oh no! It's over again!

The wonderful glorious Oscar night, my staying-in-my-duvet-eating-chips laughing-and-crying-with-the-winners-tv-night (and falling-asleep-at-work-the-next-day) is already over!!! What a shame!

I don't want to give you a summary like you can find millions on the net, therefore I'll give you my personal high- and lowlights, as well as best- and worst-dressed celebrities... (and whatever else is coming into my mind):






My personal HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Will Farrell and Steve Carell presenting the Oscar for 'Achievement in Make-Up' - I think these both guys were wearing the best make-up I've ever seen!!! (especially Steve's fake eyelashes)
  • Ben Stiller - the flying head - in his green overall (totally invisible =)
  • The March of the Penguins - Winner in the category 'documentary' (one of the best movies EVER)
My personal LOWLIGHT:
  • Winner of the category 'Song': "It's hard out here for a pimp" from the movie Hustle&Flow - WHAT?!?!?! (That was probably even one of the worst and most boring songs I've ever heard!!!)
My personal opinion on the BEST-DRESSED FEMALES:
  • Uma Thurman (like a Greek beauty, I think I've never seen her THAT beautiful before)
  • Salma Hayek (WOW as usual)
  • Keira Knightley (Quote from the E!-reporter: "She's on the screen, and everybody in the studio is just goo-goo-ga-ga") - also: She's strawberry blond now! (Like me, like me, like me [originally, ahem] !!!)
My personal opinion on the BEST-DRESSED MALES:
  • Ludacris was wearing a niiiice suit (but again quoting one of the E!-reporters: "My, darling, what cute little diamond earrings you have there! Divine!" - I think that might be a sentence the rapper has never heard before.)
  • George Clooney, Keanu Reeves and Matt Dillon were sexy as usual, but had one huge flaw: they were all wearing bow-ties... (Why, why oh world did you invent these terrible pieces of clothing? Eeeewww!!!) - therefore...
  • My award for the nicest tuxedos goes to the Plush Penguins from March of the Penguins =)

All in all, I have to say that I missed lots of the "usual suspects", like Johnny Depp, Bill Murray, Tom Cruise and so on... (but a man who never dissapoints me was Jack Nicholson, who as always occupied his seat in the first row).
Also, Jon Stewart who hosted the show this year, wasn't too good. He was funny and sarcastic, but I've seen better. (But the introduction movie was one of the best ones ever!)

I loved the stage in the shape of an old movie theatre though, it was very well done!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year's Oscars, just (just?!?!) one more year and I'll sing "Oscar time - doodoodoodoodoodoodoo - Oscar time" again...

Greetings to all you movie freaks out there,
MoonSoleil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home